||Standard Grant Homes Features:
January 1, 2012
We build complete homes. Unlike the homes some companies build, a Grant home is not just “ready to move in,” it’s ready to live in. We pay attention to all the details, so you can begin enjoying your home immediately–like thoroughly cleaning your house before you move in. We send a professional cleaning crew into your new house for two days, so the only surprises you’ll have are pleasant ones.
- Site analysis and design. Removal from ground of all necessary trees and stumps from driveway, deck areas, septic area, well area, and around the home for approximately 20’.
- Stumps to be buried on lot, if applicable. Removal of stumps from lot, additional charge.
- Excavate homesite for home and foundation and backfill and grade with existing material. By owner: additional fill if required, finish hand grading and landscaping.
- 12’ x 75’ driveway, 6” thick to a maximum of 12” thick shale sub-base with 2” finished crushed stone topping.
- Basement foundations footers shall be poured concrete , 20” x 10” minimum.
- Slab foundations are 8” poured concrete perimeter frost walls, 3’ to 4’ high above footing.
- 4” thick concrete slab, reinforced in slab construction homes, over 4 mil poly over 6” 2b stone.
- Foam perimeter insulation on slab floors.
- Full and crawl foundations fully damp-proofed.
- Steel engineered beams per plan.
- 2” x 6” pressure treated sill plate with sill seal insulation.
- Anchor bolts or sill plate anchor straps shall be set in foundation walls at corners per code.
FLOOR, EXTERIOR, AND ROOF FRAMING:
- All framing lumber other than pressure treated shall be equal to or better than spf#2. All members shall meet load span limits of the western lumber span tables published by western wood products association or such limits as required by the IRC code.
- 2” x 6” construction 16” o.c. on all exterior walls. Interior framing shall not be less than 2” x 4” construction 16” o.c. and shall be plated both top and bottom.
- Main floor areas shall be constructed of engineered floor trusses (full basements/crawlspaces – only) utilizing 25/32” tongue and groove OSB, nailed, screwed, and glued. Additional ¼” ply score or motar board underlayment used under all sheet vinyl flooring areas.
- Exterior partition framing shall be sheathed using Zip System Wall Sheathing.
- Roofs shall be constructed using Zip System Roof Sheathing and 30-year fiberglass architectual shingles, ridge vent and aluminum flashing.
- Exterior wall insulation shall be R-20 with 6"(R-19) Kraft faced
fiberglass. Ceiling insulation R-38 (blown insulation) or greater. Basement ceiling (R-19). Garage ceiling with unfinished room above R-19. Garage ceiling with finished room above R-21. Garage walls (R-11).
- Lifetime warranty Norandex vinyl siding.
- 12” overhangs in front and rear of home and 12” overhangs on gabel ends of home as per plan.
- Soffit and facia systems are aluminum and vented as necessary.
- Seamless aluminum gutters and downspouts.
WINDOWS, DOORS AND TRIM:
- Windows schedule shall be high quality low
E, argon gas filled, double hung solid vinyl windows
with grids, screens and lifetime warranty on parts.
- Bedroom windows shall meet emergency egress requirements of the residential single family building code 2012.
- Exterior entry doors are Thermatrue fiberglass
with sidelights, trim, and transom as per plan. Patio
doors shall be high quality 6068 vinyl insulated sliding
glass door with screen. Basement and garage service doors
shall be 2/8” x 6/8” steel insulated as per
- Interior passage and closet doors masonite 1-3/8” with entry hardware.
- Interior trim shall be colonial trim painted white. Contractor to paint interior six-panel Colonist doors white.
- Contractor to paint exterior entry doors white, and sliding glass doors, and garage doors if not factory finished.
- Garage doors are Wayne Dalton steel insulated doors with colonial raised panel.
- Interior walls shall be constructed using ½” sheetrock which is glued, screwed, nailed, taped, spackled, and painted with an off-white latex paint.
- All bedroom closets shall have shelving and poles with lighting in walk in closets.
- Stain resistant residential carpeting (Scotchguard protected) and rebond padding.
- Mohawk no wax sheet vinyl flooring in all kitchen, dinette, mud rooms, laundry rooms, baths.
- Deluxe interior and exterior door hardware; interior: white door hinges, silver passage and privacy locks; exterior: brass hinges and brass entry locks.
- Painting of interior walls and ceilings to be “off white” paint.
- All interior trim painted white.
- Electric service shall be 200 amp or greater 40 circuit distribution panel service and location by utility company per national electric code.
- All outlets and switches shall be wired to the National Electric Code.
- Ceiling light fixture installed in every bedroom.
- 220 line for range and clothes dryer and 110 line for washer.
- Prewire for two-telephone hook-ups and two cable tv hook-ups, customer desired location.
- Exterior lights shall be installed at all exterior exits.
- Two exterior double “GFI” outlets and one spotlight.
- Independent underwriter’s electrical inspection included.
HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING:
- High efficiency fifty-gallon electric hot water heater.
- One, two, and two and a half (powder room) bathrooms as per plan with Delta faucets and aquaglass tubs and showers, Gerber commodes. Powder rooms have pedestal sinks.
- All interior water supply shall be constructed of high temperature , pressure, and chemical resistance polyethylene (pex).
- A main interior water shut-off valve and all hot water and cold water lines shall have central draining valves. Toilets and sinks shall have individual shut-off valves.
- All homes shall have at least one outside hosebib with frost-free spigot.
- Bathroom fixtures consist of one-piece five-foot fiberglass tub/shower combination and/or one-piece four-foot fiberglass shower stall as per plan with choice of colors.
- Custom designed bathroom vanities with either a single or double bowl sink with cultured marble vanity tops in a choice of patterns as per model.
- Wall mirrors over vanities, towel bars, paper holders, and shower rods are included.
- Exterior ducted exhaust bath fan shall be provided in all bathrooms for proper ventilation.
CUSTOM DESIGNED KITCHENS:
- Complete G.E. kitchen appliance package including a 22. Cu. Ft. Refrigerator, Dishwasher, and 30”self clean electric range with space saver microwave with non-vented exhaust hood. Standard colors white or bisque.
- Custom designed kitchen cabinets with a choice of pulls in a combination of base and wall hung cabinetry as per model with a variety of special stain finishes.
- Custom laminate kitchen counter tops with full laminate back splash.
- A choice of either a single or double bowl stainless steel with Delta faucet.
- Kitchen pantry closets as per model.
- Mohawk no wax vinyl flooring.
- Kitchen sink recessed lighting.
FULL-UNFINISHED BASEMENTS AS PER PLANS:
- Basement walls are 10” poured concrete, approximately 7’ - 10” high from footer when applicable.
- Full basement foundations are sealed with tar before backfilling, approximately 60” above footer and 6” below finished grade.
- Steel engineered beams and steel columns as per plan.
- A water drainage system shall be included around the entire perimeter of the full basement foundation when applicable. It shall be constructed with 4” perforated plastic piping surrounded with crushed stone and covered with hay and piped to grade.
- Basement floor shall be constructed with 4” poured concrete, over 6” of 2b stone base.
- Interior basement steps are box construction using yellow pine treads and risers.
- Three standard basement sash windows or window schedule as per plan.
- A 2” x 6” pressure treated sill plate with sill seal insulation.
- Anchor bolts or sill plate anchor straps shall be set in basement walls per code.
- A radon mitigation/sump pump (bucket only) shall be installed in basement floor.
- Front porch, covered front porch, or pre-cast concrete stoop as per plan.
- A 10' x 8' pressure treated wood deck or 10' x 8' concrete patio per house design .
- Stairs to attic (many models).
- A complete lighting fixture package allowance including UL approved AC/DC smoke and fire detectors shall be installed in every home per national eletrical code.
- Washer and dryer hook-ups with metal dryer vent to exterior.
- All homes placed on your home site per approved site plan.
- All homes shall be built in the quickest possible construction time.
- All homes receive a comprehensive warranty upon completion with a certificate of occupancy.
- Grant Homes, Inc. Friendly, courteous and knowledgeable staff provide their customers with custom blueprints, on site financing, and an expected commitment to excellence!
- All construction undertaken by Contractor shall be in full conformance with planning, materials, and workmanship requirements of the one and two family international residential code 2012.
SPECIFICATIONS LISTED ARE GENERAL SPECIFICATIONS. THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ACCORDING TO DESIGN CHANGES/REQUIREMENTS OR BUILDING CODE CHANGES. CONTACT GRANT HOMES TO VERIFY THESE SPECIFICATIONS.
back to top